LICORICE ALLSORTS NECKLACE
by Vicki Runnegar
All About Allsorts:
Do you like making things that resemble food? Me too!
Try your hand at making this Licorice Allsorts Necklace. It is made from polymer clay. The Licorice Allsorts Necklace makes a fun colorful neck adornment. Keep it for yourself or give it as a gift. You may need to fend off any sweet tooth’s who try to eat it though.
The licorice beads are medium level difficulty. For a good result, you will need a steady hand and a light touch. Some might find this a bit of a challenge. If you have any licorice bead failures don’t despair, use the clay to roll onto spherical beads to get a nice marble effect.
Kids will have a great time rolling off cuts into beads to use to make their own necklaces. My kids aged 3 and 5 made the spherical beads pictured.
Licorice Allsorts Necklace, What you need:
- Polymer Clay in bright yellow, hot pink, black and white. Try Sculpey or Fimo.
- Colorful chord to use for necklace
- Very sharp cutting implement, I used a Sculpy blade, you could try a box cutter.
- Clay roller – you need something hard and smooth, try the side of a glass cup.
- Needle tool, you could use a toothpick or skewer.
- Baking tray